Great Places or Activities for Kids travelling the NT
Finding great places for kids travelling the country is really your priority,
as if they are happy on your travels, you will be happy. So we asked
our TAWK community for their suggestions and places that they have loved
with their children in the Northern Territory and here are their
suggestions. You might like to bookmark the page so that you can come
back to it often.
If you have more suggestions, then
please either comment on the bottom of the page and we will add to them
or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are some great photos at the bottom on the page to inspire you.
Also - if you are going to the Northern Territory, one of our TAWKing families have written an Activity Book to help the kids learn more in the area - see here.
- Adelaide River - Jumping crocodile cruise
- Alice Springs - RFDS, School of the Air and Old Stuart Gaol - Alice Springs Reptile Centre -
- Aquascene - fish feeding.
- Bitter Springs
- Cahills crossing - live crocs and people crossing action
- Corroborree Wetland Cruises
- Crocosauras cove
- Cutta Cutta Caves
- Darwin wave pool
- Desert Park at Alice Springs (kids love the night spotting walk)
- Devils Marbles - If camping get there early
- Douglas Hot Springs.
- Edith Falls
- Ellery Creek Big Hole
- Flat Rock and Crystal Rapids near Katherine
- Gunlom falls top pools Kakadu
- Kakadu - Ranger talks - particularly the one at Burrunggui and the painting/weaving workshops at Ubirr - Maguk waterfall
- Katherine outback experience - Top Didji cultural experience in Katherine- Hot Springs
- Kings Canyon
- Leanyer Water Park - Free
- Litchfield National Park - Buley Rock Holes an absolute Favourite - Wangi Falls
- Mindal Markets
- Nitmaluk - (Katherine Gorge) Cultural Centre amazing
- Nourlangie - Aboriginal art Kakadu
- Ochre Pits
- Ormiston gorge
- Palmerston Water Park
- Parliament house/Library - great history lesson there
- Robin Falls
- Ruby Gap - 4wd only
- Serpentine Gorge
- Territory Wildlife park
- Uluru - walking round - cycling round
- West McDonnell Ranges
- Yulara - Astrotour
- Zebra Rock Mine
Some photos to inspire you....
Devils Marbles - Pic Julianne Thompson
Disclosure: Throughout our site there may be some affiliate links. If you click here, we can get a small commission for your purchase but this is at NO additional cost to you.
We might also get a benefit from our TAWKer Supporters BUT again at no additional cost to you. You get to something you want and we get to keep the lights on here at TAWK. #worksforbothofus Thanks for your support of us supporting you :)
TAWK accepts no liability for any situation arising from suggestions on the TAWK Site.